Vacancy: Newly Qualified Accountant
Date: 8th January 2020
Contract: Full time, Permanent
Reporting to: Senior Group Accountant
Location: Newforge Lane, Belfast
Your new company…
At Energia Group we are already working for you every day.
How? As Ireland’s leading energy provider, we generate and supply energy to hundreds of thousands of homes and businesses across the island of Ireland via our Power NI, Power Procurement and Energia businesses. Chances are, when you flick the switch we’ve had something to do with the lights coming on.
As you can imagine, powering over 768,300 customers takes a pretty big team of over 800 people who are as powerful and energetic as the electricity we supply. Our industry is in a constant state of change and we need exceptional people like you to help us deliver the future of energy. So… are you ready to switch on your career with Ireland’s leading energy provider?
What we offer…
Joining us on a permanent basis, you’ll receive a competitive salary plus an attractive bonus structure. With a market leading benefits package including up to 36 days leave a year, generous company pension scheme, health cash plan, access to Learning and Development opportunities, Wellbeing Programme, Subsidised Gym Membership and free onsite car parking!
Your new role…
Based at Energia Group’s head office in Belfast the Group Management Accountant IT will be a key member of the Group Finance team whose primary area of responsibility will be accounting for all of the Group’s IT capital and operational expenditure. The role will require the individual to work closely with the Group Project Accountant to, over time, assume full responsibility for the reporting of IT project and departmental costs.
This would be a perfect role for a newly/recently qualified accountant. This is a varied role that includes the key responsibilities below but is not limited to those responsibilities.
• Accounting for all IT project expenditure across the Group;
• Close liaison with IT Project Managers to ensure regular review of IT project capex and opex against agreed budgets and reporting of variances on a monthly basis;
• Review of Group IT department overheads monthly and reporting against forecasts and also providing appropriate cost information and analysis to management;
• Provide assistance to the Group Chief Information Officer in preparation of the Group Technology monthly management report;
• Assisting with the annual budgetary planning & monthly rolling forecasts (LBE) process for the Group’s IT project expenditure and IT department overheads;
• Interaction with internal and external auditors;
• Ongoing process control and improvement ensuring strong financial controls are in place and involvement in SAP development activities;
• Provision of detailed financial analysis as required;
• Assisting with wider Group Finance month end cut off procedures and preparation of the monthly board reports.
Benefits and Location
The post will be offered on a personal contract basis and will include an attractive benefits package, including a salary to reflect the skills and experience of the successful candidate. The post will be based in our offices at Newforge Lane, Belfast.
• Recently qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA)
• Experience of preparing management reports for medium to large organisations in accordance with IFRS
• Possess relevant practical experience of working in a medium to large commercial/industrial environment
• Experience of SAP and Cognos
• Experience in financial modelling
• Takes Ownership
• Manages Relationships
• Drive for Results
The job requires a considerable degree of commitment, flexibility and adaptability on the part of the job holders to meet quality standards and work deadlines. The individual must have a forward thinking approach and be able to work independently.
Please complete the following steps;
Applications must contain the completed Questionnaire and CV to be considered for this role.
All emails must quote the job title and vacancy reference in the subject box.
**NB: All correspondence will be communicated via email.**(please also keep an eye on your junk email folder)
A reserve list will be held for 6 months in which you will be placed if you are suitable for the role.
If successful in this role you will be required to carry out a Basic Access NI check. Please note that a criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position.
Our Access NI Statement Policy and Recruitment of Ex-Offenders Policy will be provided upon request to HR.
The closing date for applications will be 22nd January 2020.
Energia Group is an equal opportunities employer.