Vacancy: Finance Manager (Commercial)
Business: Power NI
Date: 13th January 2020
Contract: Full Time, Permanent
Location: Newforge Lane, Belfast
DO YOU WANT TO GROW YOUR CAREER IN A DYNAMIC, CHALLENGING ENVIRONMENT, WORKING FOR POWER NI, IN A FRIENDLY, AND HIGH PERFORMING TEAM?
Join one of Northern Ireland’s top 50 businesses and enjoy exclusive employee perks!
Your new company…
Power NI is the largest electricity supplier in Northern Ireland, supplying 457,000 homes and 42,000 businesses. It employs over 370 staff and operates over three sites in Belfast, Antrim and Omagh. Its core business focuses on securing wholesale electricity to meet customers’ needs as competitively as possible, including from renewable sources, and to onward market, sell and bill effectively to those customers.
The business has a strong brand reputation and is passionate about service innovation and excellence.
Part of a bigger group….
Power NI is part of Energia Group. Energia Group is the leading independent energy company in the all-Ireland market. With substantial businesses in both NI and the ROI and an annual turnover of over €2.0 Billion, Energia Group is one of Ireland’s Top 50 Businesses.
What you will get….
This role is offered on a PC contract basis and will include an attractive benefits package, including a salary to reflect the skills and experience of the successful candidate. You will be based in our high spec offices in Newforge Lane. You’ll also get;
• Free onsite parking
• Company Pension Scheme with an employer contribution of up to 6%
• 25 days holiday per year plus 11 statutory holidays and opportunity to ‘buy’ additional holidays
• Excellent opportunities for career progression and year round learning and development calendar of courses which you can attend
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Subsidised Gym Membership
• Health Cash Plan
• Membership of Social Clubs
• 37 hour working week (Monday – Friday)
Purpose of the Role…
There is now an opportunity for a Finance Manager to join the Power NI Finance Department. The Finance Manager will support the Financial Controller and have full responsibility for the development and management of the Commercial Finance team, who have responsibility for the Accounting of the Retail and Renewables businesses with Power NI and performing the roles of Finance Business Partners to shape, deliver and exceed strategic objectives & targets. This role will suit a highly motivated individual who enjoys managing a varied workload and is interested in working within a multi-disciplined growing team and business.
Principal Accountabilities – Key Activities & Decision Making Areas
• Lead, Manage and Develop a team of Accountants;
• Embed strong financial governance within the team;
• Reviewing & Critiquing your teams work;
• Develop relationships with key commercial stakeholders;
• Ensure information produced by your team is accurate and can be used to monitor and shape commercial decisions within the business;
• Ensure Accounting is in line with IFRS and Business/Group Accounting Policies; and
• Lead the team through a period of Business & Group restructuring and growth.
Typical KPIs and Targets
• Work closely with team to produce Financial Statements, Medium and Long term Forecasts and Plans;
• Development of robust and efficient financial reporting, financial reconciliations and forecasting processes to meet the growing needs of the business and parent company;
• Proactively support and Partner with Business Stakeholders to further grow the business; and
• Promotion of innovation and automation within the team to deliver more rapid responses in an increasingly more competitive and fast paced sector.
• Business Finance Team;
• Parent Company Finance Team;
• Commercial Business Development Team;
• Commercial Operations Team;
• Pricing & Analysis Team;
• Utility Regulator; and
• Strong teamwork required both internally within the business, and across the Group;
• Demonstrate flexibility in working across & understanding multiple complex business areas; and
• Set standards and promote excellence across your team.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
• Understand compliance with, all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which you are involved; and
• Further develop adequate controls, processes and procedures to ensure the accuracy of information being used to make, monitor and change commercial decisions.
• Previous experience in working in a commercial Accountancy/Finance role
• Holds a relevant professional Accountancy qualification (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with at least 5 years post qualification experience
• Experience in managing and developing a team of Accountants
• Experience in reviewing, critiquing and challenging financial reporting, forecasts & reconciliations
• Strong Financial analysis and advanced MS Excel Modelling skills
• Exposure to hedge accounting in preparing financial statements
• Experience in applying hedge accounting in situations with multiple hedge & proxy hedge products
• Knowledge of the energy industry
• Experience of using Cognos and SAP
• People & Team Development
• Managing Relations
• Strategic Approach
• Judgment and Decision Making
• Drive for Results
• Taking Ownership
The job requires a considerable degree of commitment, flexibility and adaptability on the part of the job holders to meet quality standards and work deadlines. The individual must have a forward thinking approach and be able to work independently.
Please complete the following steps;
Applications must contain the completed Questionnaire and CV to be considered for this role.
All emails must quote the job title and vacancy reference in the subject box.
**NB: All correspondence will be communicated via email.**
(please also keep an eye on your junk email folder)
A reserve list will be held for 6 months in which you will be placed if you are suitable for the role.
If successful in this role you will be required to carry out a Basic Access NI check. Please note that a criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position.
The closing date for applications will be 19th January 2020.
Energia Group is an equal opportunities employer