Vacancy: Newly Qualified Accountant
Date: 8th January 2020
Contract: Full-time, Permanent
Reporting to: Senior Group Accountant
Location: Newforge Lane, Belfast
Your new company…
At Energia Group we are already working for you every day.
How? As Ireland’s leading energy provider, we generate and supply energy to hundreds of thousands of homes and businesses across the island of Ireland via our Power NI, Power Procurement and Energia businesses. Chances are, when you flick the switch we’ve had something to do with the lights coming on.
As you can imagine, powering over 768,300 customers takes a pretty big team of over 800 people who are as powerful and energetic as the electricity we supply. Our industry is in a constant state of change and we need exceptional people like you to help us deliver the future of energy. So… are you ready to switch on your career with Ireland’s leading energy provider?
What we offer…
Joining us on a permanent basis, you’ll receive a competitive salary plus an attractive bonus structure. With a market leading benefits package including up to 36 days leave a year, generous company pension scheme, health cash plan, access to Learning and Development opportunities, Wellbeing Programme, Subsidised Gym Membership and free onsite car parking!
Your new role…
Based at Energia Group’s head office in Belfast the Financial Reporting Accountant will be a key member of the Group Finance team whose primary area of responsibility will be statutory & regulatory reporting for the Group and its subsidiaries.
• Preparation of statutory and regulatory accounts for all entities within the Energia Group in accordance with applicable accounting standards;
• Development and improvement of the statutory accounting process across the Group to ensure consistency of standards;
• Administration of the statutory reporting software system used to prepare the accounts across the Group;
• Responsibility for keeping abreast of changes in accounting standards and assessing the impact of such changes on the Group;
• Review iXBRL tagging of financial statements;
• Assistance in the preparation of the Group’s consolidated annual and quarterly accounts;
• Assisting with the preparation of the Group’s annual budget and five year plan;
• Interaction with internal and external auditors;
• Provision of detailed financial analysis as required;
• Assisting with month end cut off procedures and preparation of the monthly board report
Benefits and Location
The post will be offered on a personal contract basis and will include an attractive benefits package, including a salary to reflect the skills and experience of the successful candidate. The post will be based in our offices at Newforge Lane, Belfast.
• Recently qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA)
• Experience of preparing statutory accounts for medium to large organisations in accordance with IFRS/UK & ROI GAAP
• Possess relevant practical experience of working in a medium to large commercial/industrial environment
• Experience in financial reporting and analysis packages
• Experience in financial modelling
• Takes Ownership
• Manages Relationships
• Drive for Results
The job requires a considerable degree of commitment, flexibility and adaptability on the part of the job holders to meet quality standards and work deadlines. The individual must have a forward thinking approach and be able to work independently.
Please complete the following steps;
• Download, complete and return the Questionnaire
• Email your CV to [email protected]
• Download, complete and return the Monitoring Form to [email protected]
Applications must contain the completed Questionnaire and CV to be considered for this role.
All emails must quote the job title and vacancy reference in the subject box.
**NB: All correspondence will be communicated via email.**
(please also keep an eye on your junk email folder)
A reserve list will be held for 6 months in which you will be placed if you are suitable for the role.
If successful in this role you will be required to carry out a Basic Access NI check. Please note that a criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position.
Our Access NI Statement Policy and Recruitment of Ex-Offenders Policy will be provided upon request to HR.
The closing date for applications will be 22nd January 2020.
Energia Group is an equal opportunities employer.